The Pithiviers Transport Museum has 5 so-called “closed” coaches, which are very useful when the weather is bad.
The most used closed coaches are these old trailers of the Valenciennes Tramways, in the Hauts-de-France built by the Ateliers Métallurgiques de Nivelles in Belgium just before the First World War. Originally in metric gauge, these coaches have been retrofitted on 60cm bogies. Numbered B131, B133, B145 and BD157, they have a capacity of 24 people each, except the BD157 which has a luggage compartment limiting the capacity to 16 people, but which allows the installation of strollers or wheelchairs. Weighting around 7 tonnes, they are more complicated to drive with the less powerful locomotives.
The only original coache from Pithiviers Toury Tramway still present at the museum is the V6, built in 1942. At the start of operations in 1892, the TPT bought 4 closed type AB coaches built by Decauville and numbered AB1 to AB4. , they are joined by two additional coaches in 1898, numbered AB5 and AB6. In the 1930s, the company wanted to modernize its passenger coaches, and decided to completely rebuild these, keeping only the chassis. Coaches AB1 to AB5 become V1 to V5, and AB6 becomes VpB, intended for postal transport. The V6 was new built in 1942. There remains, in addition to this, the V3 preserved by the Association for the Preservation and Maintenance of Narrow-gauge Equipment, in the Sarthe. In 1976, the V6 was saved from destruction by a private and went to the Chemin de Fer de Saint Eutrope in Essonne, now closed. It was not until 1992 that it was bought by the association and repatriated to Pithiviers. Listed as a Historic Monument in 1994, it rolls mainly during special events, where maximum space is required on the trains. This car has a capacity of 26 people and weight around 4.5 tonnes.