T11 - 030 Gmeinder - 1944
The T11 locomotive, built in 1944 by the company Gmeinder, is the most powerful in the Pithiviers Transport Museum. It is used very regularly to ensure shuntings or summer trains, when steam is prohibited to prevent fire in the fields along the line.
a robust model
This locomotive, type HF130C, comes from a series of 341 machines, built between 1939 and 1958, by 6 different manufacturers. This model has 3 driving axles, coupled by connecting rod, and driven by a Kaeble 6-cylinder engine of 130 HP and a Voith gearbox. This locomotive had the advantage of being adapted to several gauge due to its chassis. The German manufacturer Gmeinder will produce 137 units.
that of the association
The locomotive of the Pithiviers Transport Museum began his career for the German army in 1944. At the end of the war he was quickly transferred to the Saint-Gobain factory on the sand pits of Roberval in Oise. The quarry was located in Villeneuve-sur-Verberie, the sand was unloaded into barges on the Oise river in Moru. The entire layout was located in the commune of Roberval. He arrived on October 10, 1966 in Pithiviers to provide the association with a diesel vehicle as soon as it opened. Since the original motor was changed by a 6-cylinder Deutz and its automatic gearbox underwent a complete overhaul in 2019. The association is currently taking the opportunity to give it a new lease of life, it will resume service soon with new colors ! It is today the only diesel capable of ensuring the traction of heavy trains in rainy weather, so it is more than essential for the association.