History of the Railway
Since 1966 the tourist train has been running along a 4 kilometers maintained
track section of the former 32 kilometers long line of the local narow gauge
railway called Tramway de Pithiviers à Toury ( T.P.T ) built in 1892 by
After the passenger service close down in 1952 the transport of sugar beets
toward the both sugar refineries in Pithiviers and Toury remained the main
activity of the network. The whole line was closed down in 1964.
For the first time in France a railway enthusiast association was able to
salvage rolling stock and to put it in running order again.
The T.P.T engines shed built in 1934 nowadays houses 11 narrow gauge (60 cm )
steam engines 3 Diesel engines and a petrol electric rail car built in 1922