N°7 - 040T hartmann - 1918
The Pithiviers Transport Museum has 3 locomotives of this type. Number 7 is presented in the museum, accompanied by a tender (wagon following the locomotive ensuring the supply of water and coal) designed for this series of machines ( more information here ). This machine was built by Hartmann, a German manufacturer, in 1918.
a locomotive that pleases
This series of machines was marketed from 1905 until the early 1920s, it is the largest series of 60cm track locomotives (about 2500). It is a “Brigadelok” type machine, called in France DFB meaning Deutsch FeldBahn (German country railways). The objective was to run on so-called "portable" track, these were coupons of rails only placed on the ground by the soldiers to create ephemeral railway lines, which had the advantage of not leaving traces to enemies. So that it can borrow the smallest possible radii of curvature, the two extreme axles (the first and the last) are equipped with the Klein Lindner system. The principle is that the axle has a lateral clearance which allows an inscription in curves of 30 meters radius. This type of locomotives is characteristic of the German army during the war of 14-18. There are still hundreds of these preserved locomotives in the world today.
The locomotive number 7 of the association was, like its sisters, planned to participate in the First World War, on the German side with, as military number: HF2282. It did not stay long on the Front because built in 1918, the conflicts quickly stopped. Thereafter it will be recovered by the public works company Ruvenhorst & Humbert located in Villeblevin near Villeneuve-la-Guyard in Yonne, it will be numbered 32 and baptized "Jacqueline" . The machine was used to pull trains filled with materials essential to the various sites. In 1967, it was bought by an individual who made it available to the association. It will only have been driven for a few years, from 1968 to 1972. The museum bought it from its former owner in 1993 and has since been visible to visitors to the museum.